Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I almost murdered a litterbug today!

It's an emotional day.  That's the problem with not compulsively overeating.  It forces me to feel emotions that I would rather not feel.  All I want to do today is eat because I'm feeling sad, lonely, misunderstood, fat, you name it.  I'm feeling it.   The victim of my wrath?  A Los Angeles Taxi Driver.  

As I was driving home from HOMEGOODS where I went to make myself feel better today, I saw this Taxi Driver throw some orange peels out of his window.  There is not much that makes me angrier than a litterbug.  Isn't the world dirty enough?  And who do you think you are to throw orange peels on my living room floor?  That's what it feels like.   I have a nose for litterbugs.  It seems a Higher Power puts them in my path so I can rant and rave and feel anxious.  

Somehow he saw me because when I rolled down my window and tried to scream at him, he took off. I followed him up Sepulveda as far as I could but my street turn was coming up and he wasn't worth it.  I did however get the big phone number off his cab along with his Taxi ID number.....Nyah ah ah!!!!

I called and raged at the woman who answered the phone. "ONE OF YOUR DRIVERS JUST LITTERED AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!   They transferred me to dispatch.  I ranted some more about  their driver throwing orange peels out his window.  She seemed to be as appalled as I was.  "Thank you," I said.  I then drove home where I had a Greek Salad for lunch.  I also had last night's dessert, and a few hours later, my cheesecake snack.  Remember, this is delivered food and part of my day.

I'm still hungry.  Nothing can fill me up today.  That's not exactly true.  I could probably fill myself up today if I could just acknowledge myself.  Hey, it was good I called the Cab company.  Hey, I called a few sick friends today.  I didn't eat all that I wanted to eat.  I bought nice things for the garden.  I took my husband to the doctor for his pre-surgical visit.  I did good things today!!!  Pat myself on the back, why don't I???   Why do I only feel worthy if someone else tells me I am.  I've got to find it within myself.

And on that note.....it's dinnertime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment