Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I'm blogging for my life here.  I'm blogging not because I can save you from the perils of white sugar and other white floury substances, but more to save myself.  If I can save you from what I experience, that will be the cherry on top of the hot fudge sundae I hope I don't eat too soon.  But welcome.  I so appreciate that you took the time to check me out.


Here's what I promise....Honesty, full disclosure.  Recently, I made the decision to get my weight down to a healthy place.  That means I will have to lose at least 60 lbs.  I've always been a little zaftig but soon after menopause set in, I gained 10, 20, 30, then 40 lbs. - And now I'm feeling my age which is a shame because I don't act it!


So I committed to a few hundred people by e-mails, facebook and twitter to lose the weight.  I began last Friday by ordering from thefreshdiet.com  -  Fresh food, no preservatives, 3 meals, 2 snacks, delivered to me daily.   I must admit the food is pretty good, but I can also say it's a lot less than what I usually eat.  So that's what it takes, portion control!  I hope my stomach and my head get it together soon and join forces to help me lose this weight.  I will continue with the fresh diet for another 3 weeks and then I may or may not go out on my own. Yes, it's easy for me to have my own chef. I'm spoiled but look at Oprah or Kirstie Alley - they can have their own chef and probably do, but they still have trouble with their weight.  The reason?  Because they haven't gotten to the reason as to why they overeat.  Or they overeat knowing that it's wrong for them.  We are addicts, we are rebels, we eat over our emotions.  We use food as other people take aspirin.  I believe that until we truly want to make a healthy lifestyle change, we are doomed.


EVERYTHING WORKS IF YOU WORK IT.


ONE DOESN'T NEED A PRIVATE CHEF TO LOSE WEIGHT.   ONE ONLY NEEDS A COMMITMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment